Tuesday 19 July 2011

Marmaris, Turkey

The bf and I have just spent a perfect week in the stunning Turkish sunshine. We chose a slightly more remote location between Icmeler and Marmaris (near where the Aegean and Mediterranean seas meet) so we could get the perfect balance of relaxing and exploring!
Since we booked a little last minute we decided to keep things simple with an all inclusive package, which ended up being the perfect choice. The food was amazing (lots of fresh vegetables, local fish and all the watermelon and cherries a girl could dream of) and the drinks flowed freely ;).
Dress: Motel, Bag: Primark, Sandals: New Look (now on sale for £7!!), Sunglasses: Fiorelli (now £30).

Our hotel was in a park/forest right by the sea, which not only made for a romantic stroll in the evening, but also ensured we made lots of new friends.. mosquito friends that feasted on me every night :(. Though I did make one more friend.. (just don't tell Maxie)!
Bikini: La Senza, Hat: Sisley, Sarong: Market, Flip-flops: Havaianas.
 
Dress and belt: Zara, Clutch: French Connection, Necklace: Banana Republic, Sandals: New Look (as before).

On our first day trip we went to the mud baths in Dalyan where we bathed in the sulphur pool (which smells just as tasty as you imagine) and then covered ourselves in mud safe in the knowledge that once it dried we would look 20 years younger ;). 
Goodbye bikini... you have served me well! Although I have outgrown you, you shall be fondly remembered :(.

We then sailed down the river to see the most amazing ruins - crypts carved into the limestone cliffs over 4000 years ago! Incredible!
On our second trip we went on a snorkeling cruise stopping at 7 different islands. The SPF 50 was in full force!
I couldn't leave you all without the ubiquitous jumping shot. Even if it is a super embarrassing one of me holding my nose lol... watch out Tom Daley ;).
With so many gorgeous swimsuits out this season I promised myself that I would wear one without feeling 'mumsy' in it. This one from Per Una definitely came in handy after all those generous buffets hehe!
For a night out dancing I chose this dress from Zara, which was an impulse purchase inspired by JLo's latest video. If you can't get away with a thigh high slit on holiday then where else? (Actually please don't answer that)!
Dress: ASOS, Shoes: Mango, Bag: Primark (as before).
 Yum!
 Dress: Paprika, Clutch: Mulberry (ahem.. Turkish market).

We had such a lovely time in Turkey and were very hesitatnt to return home. Beautiful sunshine (45oC every day), clear waters, amazing history - we can't wait to go back!

I hope you are all having a good Summer, despite this most depressing weather of late. xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. You are such a sweetie pie! I'm glad you had fun in your vacation!:*:*:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just returned from Turkey too, I went to Bodrum. Such a gorgeous place, you look great in all your pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi natalya ! im following your blog for a long time i enjoy reading it today im excited to see your title as I am from Turkey
    I spent my holiday in Marmaris Icmeler a year ago and I lived in Bodrum for 4 years these are really nice places and happy to see that you also liked and enjoyed these places :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look amazing! I went to Marmaris a few years ago, I did the mud baths and have that exact same picture of the ruins! Really hope to go back one day, Turkey is such a lovely country xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the trip looks amazing, now I will consider going to Turkey when I get some time for vacation ... and I love all your dresses and bathing suits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you both had a great time, i love turkey, i went to marmaris a couple of years ago and had an amazing time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks amazing. I hope the weather improves here soon (Ireland) as I don't think I'll get away this summer! Love your holiday style x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holiday looks amazing! I need that green asos maxi in my life - i am praying they still have it!! you are looking beeaa-uuutiful as ever lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely!! May I ask where the hotel is please? Booking a getaway for September!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iyi güzellik ürünleri temas gerekir cutzine1100@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig