Sunday 31 October 2010

The Perfect Christmas Nails!

I don't often purchase MAC nail polishes as I find them a bit overpriced, watery and difficult to work with. However, as I was given Bad Fairy for my Birthday I was eager to try it out, and of course show off just how happy I was with my present. Who knew that this would turn out to be such a spectacular nail varnish, and absolutely perfect for Christmas!

                                With Flash                                          Without Flash                             

To get the maximum glitter effect I used three thin coats topped off with Seche Vite. Unfortunately the photos really can't give the multidimensional, duochrome sparkle justice. It really is beautiful and vibrant - changing between a deep ruby red to a warm orange/gold depending on the angle of your nails.
 Please ignore the horrendous splodges and creases on my nails above. Boys will never understand why it is not a good idea to pounce on you after you have painstakingly applied five coats of varnish to your nails and are peacefully sitting, waiting for them to dry! To say the least, I was not impressed!! :(


Have you tried MAC's Bad Fairy polish from the Venamous Villains collection? I doubt I would have purchased this as it looks a little similar to China Glaze Ruby Pumps, but it is completely different on the nails. I can't wait to use this again for a Christmas party or two ;). xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love Ruby Pumps and that is my Perfect Christmas Nail colour :) I've never tried any MAC nail polishes, must take a looksee :)

    LovelyGirlieBits Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! I don't have any of the MAC nail polishes, nor do i ever wear red nail polish, but this one is really cute♥

    xoxo
    http://candy-apples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveee this color! absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been one of my favourite recent purchases, I'll be so sad when it dries up!

    Don’t forget to enter my giveaway @ Click&Make-Up!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig